Until today this site ran on a script called “statik” which I wrote to turn markdown files into a website. Whilst it’s served a purpose, it didn’t do particularly well when it came to blogging – something I’m hoping to do more of.
Having had the chance to see “WordPress Done Right” over the past months, I’ve opted to switch this site over to WordPress.
Over at StrategiQ we’ve got a pretty decent setup for our sites, so I’m taking the same approach here; DNS routed through CloudFlare (with caching enabled), pointing via CNAME to hosting with WPEngine. Whilst slightly more pricey than just running a VPS, the reliability is worth it in my mind.
Hopefully this will be a motivator to write more, but also serves as a good test bed for the plugins and research I’ll be doing over the coming months.